Full paper programme now released
- Submissions Due: April 10th (Friday)
- Notifications: May 1st (Friday)
- Final Version Due: May 8th (Friday)
- Workshop: June 28th (Sunday)
Bio-Ontologies: Knowledge in Biology provides a forum for discussion of the latest and most cutting-edge research in ontologies and more generally the organisation, presentation and dissemination of knowledge in biology. It has existed as a SIG at ISMB for 11 years now, making it one of the longest running.
We are interested in any formal or informal approach to organising, presenting and disseminating knowledge in biology.
We invite submissions on a wide range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Semantic and/or Scientific Wikis.
- Multimedia Blogs
- Tag Clouds
- Collaborative Curation Platforms
- Collaborative Ontology Authoring and Peer-Review Mechanisms
- Biological Applications of Ontologies
- Reports on Newly Developed or Existing Bio-Ontologies
- Tools for Developing Ontologies
- Use of Ontologies in Data Communication Standards
- Use of Semantic Web technologies in Bioinformatics
- Implications of Bio-Ontologies or the Semantic Web for Drug Discovery
- Research in Ontology Languages and its Effect on Bio-Ontologies
Bio-Ontologies is co-located with ISMB in Stockholm, Sweden.
The full programme will be released following the close of paper submission.
This year's keynote speaker will by Barend Mons.
This year's panel will be
- Barend Mons
- Andrew Su
- Dawn Field
Phillip Lord, Newcastle University
Susanna-Assunta Sansone, EBI
Nigam Shah, Stanford
Susie Stephens, Johnson & Johnson
Larisa Soldatova, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
This years programme has now been released.
This years keynote has been announced as Barend Mons
This year, we have two new conference chairs, namely Larisa Soldatova and Susie Stephens